How can I help you?
My range of services are centred around the development of your website. I’ll manage the process for you so that you can remain focused on your business – just expect a friendly nudge when your input is required!
A typical website design and development project might look something like this:
- Initial discussions – we’ll chat on the phone, by email or on Skype about your business, the work you’d like me to do for you and the changes you’re hoping to see as a result of the completed project.
- Initial meeting – if you’re fairly local, I’ll come and meet you and we’ll discuss the work involved in more detail. If you’re further afield, this meeting can happen on the phone or Skype. Once I know what I need to know I’ll send you a proposal to confirm the work to be completed and provide details of the cost and expected timescale of the project.
- Planning stage – the project will begin with a discussion about your design preferences. This will result in a clear design brief and a wireframe (a diagram showing how the elements on your pages will be laid out).
- Design stage – your custom design will be created from the brief and wireframe. You’ll have the opportunity to request some changes if necessary.
- Development stage – your website will be built from the approved design and I’ll input your initial content. Once you’ve had a chance to review the site, I’ll make it live for you.
- Training – I’ll show you how to log into your website to add, edit and delete pages and page content.
If you don’t want to build your own website, chances are, you don’t want to deal with the technical maintenance either! Leave it to me – I’ll take care of backups, software updates, website maintenance and domain management. If you want to know the details of what’s involved and why this service is so important, you can read more about my ongoing service.